Skip to main content

Q & A For Skaters at All that skate show

Q & A For Skaters at All that skate show

It was interesting to read the Q & A for skaters who will the attend the “All that skate” ice show.

They are Michelle Kwan, Yu na Kim, Johnny Weir, Tanith Belbin & Ben Agosto, Stephane Lambiel, Ashley Wagner, Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir who will attend the “All that skate “ ice show in LA in October 2, 3 ’ 2010.

Brian Joubert was also in the list but somehow he was replaced by Patrick Chan later. Shen & Zhao also are in the list.

This event will be up on NBC on Sunday, October 10.

Here are some of the Questions & Answers,

My interest is always Johnny Weir. Stephane Lambiel’s answer was interesting, too.



Question : Do you have any rituals before you perform?

Johnny Weir - “I get ready in a very quiet space, make myself beautiful and get in the zone.”

Stéphane Lambiel – “I like singing before I skate. That’s good for my breathing.”

(My comment )
Johnny was always making his own little world , sitting in front of the board where his coach was standing. During 2004 Natonals and worlds, he was making sign of the cross before he started skating. And last season, I noticed that he started doing that ritual again.

Interesting thing was that, during Vancouver Olympics Miki Ando was also doing similar things as Johnny, sitting in front of the board and making her own world. She has said that out of all the men’s event at the Olympics she was inspired the most by Johnny’s performance .

Stephane’s answer is interesting. He never looked nervous before he skates, singing ritual was really working for him to calm him down, I guess.



Q: What’s your favorite thing about performing?

Johnny Weir - “I love when the crowd erupts with appreciation. Entertaining my fans is the most important thing about performing in shows.”

Stéphane Lambiel – “To share my passion with the audience.”


(My comment )
I could see Johnny always care for his fans, he loves to perform for his fans. Sometimes when the number of the fans are huge in the arena, he looked really nervous. Some people have said why he doesn’t skate for himself ?

But I think that giving his best performance to his fans is his biggest happiness. But during the performance, he is in his own world. I love that.

Stephane ’s answer is really him, which is my impression.



Q: What is the coolest thing you’ve received from a fan?

Johnny Weir - “Love and support.”

(My comment)

I love Johnny’s answer for this. He has been receiving so many kind of wonderful gifts, which are heartfelt gifts, his drawing painting, his art, handmade gifts, rose crowns, huge scrapbooks, Luxury gifts such as Chanel handbag, Louis Vuitton bags, order made costume, Johnny planet, etc..

I guess these heartfelt gifts are also included in “Love and support” , but it sounds like the point for him is not the luxury, although he loves luxurious things, but rather the heart behind the gift, touches him.



Q: What is your favorite junk food?

Michelle Kwan – “My favorite junk food: junior mints, chips, and anything sweeeeeet.

Yuna Kim - “Korean snacks.”

Johnny Weir - “See’s candies and Magnolia Bakery’s cupcakes.”

Tessa Virtue - “Any kind of chocolate!”

Tanith Belbin - “Candy (white chocolate in particular)”

Scott Moir - “Mr. Freeze frozen treats.”

Ashley Wagner - “French Fries!”

Stéphane Lambiel – “I don’t like junk food.”


(My comment)

Stephane’s answer, he doesn’t eat junk food ? Really ? lol Maybe Swiss chocolate is not junk food. And Coca Cola is a drink, not food.

My image of junk foods are like MacDonald and snacks.

Johnny’s Magnolia cupcake sounds delicious, I would love to try it.

I love Swiss Chocolate, always keeping it in our refrigerator. And also Santitas Tortilla Chips. I can’t give them up. Kentucky Fried Chicken is my all time favorite junk food.



Q: What American city do you think has the best skating audiences?

Michelle Kwan – “I love skating in L.A. I make sure that all my friends and family scream and cheer extra loud.”

Yuna Kim - “LA!!!!!!!!!!”

Johnny Weir - “New York City.”

Tessa Virtue - “Los Angeles, of course!”

Tanith Belbin - “Los Angeles had the absolute best audience at the World Championships in 2009. We felt their support the entire week of the competition and their encouragement lifted us to a whole new level of performance.”

Scott Moir - I haven’t skated in America very often, but we have some great fans in Canton, Michigan.”

Ashley Wagner - “LA!”

Stéphane Lambiel – “Los Angeles.”


(My comment)

Ha ha, I love Johnny answered “ New York City” honestly, which is his favorite place to perform.

There were people who were saying Johnny and Moir didn’t read the air for this question. Because they didn’t answer “ LA” which is the location for this ice show.

And wondered how so ??

I sometimes hear that Johnny doesn’t read air ( or can’t read air ) in some situation from people who have their own rule which they call as common sense around them.

I dont think there is rule of the air for it unless one has her own "should be rule" in their mind. Besides how they can know these other skaters answered LA, because that ice show location is LA ??
I thought that thinking is really strange.

Q: Do you have an all-time favorite skating program?

Johnny Weir - “My favorite program from my own career is probably “The Swan” my 2006 Olympic short program.
My favorite programs of other skaters Anissina and Peizerat’s “Liberty,” and Evgeny Plushenko’s “Nijinskiy.”

Ashley Wagner - “Tara Lipinski’s Freeskate at the ’98 Olympics.”

Stéphane Lambiel – “Swan Lake by Oksana Baiul.”


( My comment )

Johnny’s favorite program for his career is still his The swan performance, it’s not beatable ? What about his Vancouver performances for both programs ?
I love his Torino Olympics Swan, especially his triple axel.

I think it was one of his best triple axel. But for total balance of the performance, I love his Nationals 2006 Swan the most, it was really perfection including all the element. Marshall’s 2006 his Swan was the most artistic and creative to me.

For Plushy’s Nijinsky, it’s new for me to hear that is one of Johnny’s favorites. Plushy’s Nijinsky is one of my favorites, too.

Stephane’s answer, Oksana Baiul’s Swan Lake is unexpected answer. And Johnny didn’t mention about Baiul’s Swan. Things often change ??

Ashley's favorite program is interesting. While many American ladies skaters would answer Michelle Kwan's programs, she loves Tara Lipinski’s Freeskate at the ’98 Olympics. I wasn't watching it, so it made me curious to watch her performance.

Q: Who is your favorite skater?

Yuna Kim - “Michelle Kwan / Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir.”

Johnny Weir - “Evgeny Plushenko, Irina Slutskaya and Yu Na Kim.”

Stéphane Lambiel – “Shizuka Arakawa.”


( My comment )

I wonder why Yu na didn’t say about her favorite men’s skater. She was saying in interview “ Johnny is the best “, and I thought Johnny was her favorite skater. Maybe things changed ?

I remember that one Korean Johnny fan was saying when Yu na started her twitter, she was following Johnny, and soon she unfollowed him before Johnny started following Yu na. And there was some issue between Korean Yuna fans to Johnny in twitter at that time.

Since 2009 Spring, something changed. also Johnny never visited Korea since then. So this Yu na Kim’s event which is included Johnny made me feel good.

Johnny’s favorite skaters looks stable for Plushy and Irina. I think Yu na was included in his favorite athlete’s list since 2008-9 season.

Stephane’s favorite is only Shizuka right now ?


Since this year, they have been often doing pair during corroborations, they might get even closer friendship now.

What happened to Alexy Yagudin, Carolina Kostner, Sasha Cohen and Michelle Kwan ?

My top favorite skater has not been changed since 4 years and 7 month ago.


Q: Who are you listening to on your ipod?

Johnny Weir - “Lady Gaga, Johnny Weir, Sergey Lazarev, Dima Bilan, Elton John.”

(My comment)


Q: What cool things do you keep in your skate bag?

Yuna Kim - “A baseball for foot massage.”

Johnny Weir - “My skates?”


This Johnny’s answer cracked me up. Lol Yeah, his skates are cool with Louis Vuitton covers.

Yuna’s answer was interesting. A baseball is good for foot massage, I sometimes used a bottle, but small hard ball is better for massage.

We will definitely record this show, my personal wish, I hope NBC will show Johnny a lot.

I want to hear Johnny’s “ Dirty Love “ ! I wonder when will it be released ?

Popular posts from this blog

Health tips from an extra-terrestrial named Bashar - from a planet called Essassani

photo credit: skyseeker Mt. Fuji via photopin (license)    Today,  I would like to write about health tips from an extra-terrestrial being named Bashar who is from the Essassani Planet .     He is channeled by Darryl Anka. Planet earth used to have beautiful clear air, but since a long time ago the air has been polluted everywhere.    and the cause of most illnesses comes from the poison in the environment we are in, with the polluted air. Nowadays, it's hard to find places where there is beautiful clean air. and in this unfavorable environment, he is suggesting how to live healthy.   Health tips 1.  Clear Oxygen  According to Bashar,  the air after storms and typhoons have gone away, is the most clean ( purified ) and is good for our bodies. However when there is an overdose of artificial oxygen by using tools such as oxygen tanks , this can cause a lack of water, and will weaken cells.   So clean natural water needs to be used in a balanced amo

Who was The Mysterious Masked Messenger who visited Mozart ?

Perhaps the most mysterious legend about Mozart is that of the " Masked Messenger ". This mysterious masked messenger is also known historically as the "Man in Gray" , "The Mysterious Messenger" , "The Gray Messenger". The story of the masked messenger was featured prominently in the movie “ Amadeus ".           Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart How much of this story is true ? When Mozart died in the early morning hours of December 5, 1791, he left his final masterpiece, the Requiem , unfinished. A few months later, a completed score of the Requiem was delivered to its anonymous commissioner. How was the Requiem completed and how would Mozart have completed it had he lived? These mysteries have tantalized musicians for over two centuries. Mozart received the commission to compose the Requiem from the “ Mysterious Messenger" in the summer of 1791.  The Messenger paid half the commission in advance,

Charm of Kenichi Hagiwara - Shoken

From Japanese Movie " Ame no Amsterdam (Rain in Amsterdam)" I've been into the late 1960s to 1970s generation since several years ago. I don't know why but I'm very interested in older generation's people, trends, lifestyle, scenery, habit, TV drama, music, films, etc..   and not so interested in new things much.  There are many new discoveries through checking out old stuff while reading and watching it, which I didn't know before. and about several months ago, I happened to find a youtube video of  a famous Japanese actor called Kenichi Hagiwara who was my favorite actor in 1970s when I was a kid. His nickname is Shoken and he is also a singer of Rock/blues music.                      Shoken( 18 years old) singing ”Legend of Emerald” Shoken was one of the super stars in Japan mainly from the late 60s generation to early 80s. When he was 15 years old,   he joined an amateur music group band called The Tempters as a vocalist.   A

Beauty skin care, Ninon de L'Enclos ‘s Secret of her young skin

Besides extra virgin olive oil, I’ve been doing a mixture of another great natural formula since two weeks ago. This information came from Ray who happened to find about Ninon de L’Enclos ’s amazing story concerning her youthful skin. According to the article, Ninon de L’ Enclos is known as a famous French beauty from the late 1600s. She kept her youthful skin until 85 years old when she passed away. Even in to her 80’s she was attracting many young men who fell hopelessly in love with her. She never published her secret of her youthful skin until the end , only telling her special friends about her secret formula. There is no photo of her, but seeing her painting in other websites, she looks in her 30’s when she was 85. According to the article, her face was as smooth and free of winkles in her 80’S as it had been at 20. She hated wrinkles and successfully kept her skin youthful , using her special secret formula. This information blew me away, and immediately

Sweet Food which does not get fat - Warabi mochi

I recently love eating this sweet food that Japanese call " Warabi mochi " which is made of 0 calories food psyllium in my coffee break time.   It's sweet food but I use Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener instead of sugar when I make it. Lakanto Monk Fruit sweetener is 0 calorie s and 0 glycemic and very similar taste as normal sugar. It is said it's derived from monk fruit, which looks like a small green gourd native to regions of China and Thailand.  It's not artificial so it is not bad for health so I feel comfortable eating it. Warabi mochi is a food which is normally made of Kinako ( soybean flour) & sugar & warabi powder and it's one of my favorite foods. However it's high calorie foods so if I eat a lot, it's easy to gain weight.   Because Warabi mochi flour is Starch and has sugar in it and is high calorie.  So I was not eating it. and then recently I found the recipe of diet Warabi Mochi which is made of Psyllium

Franz Liszt and Frederic Chopin’s friendship Part 1

Frederyk Chopin   I’m a long time fan of Chopin’s music since when I was a teenager. Started loving his music from hearing his Polonaise , then Noctunes , Etudes … Frederyk Chopin I was using one of Chopin’s Nocturnes as my background music for my answering machine when I was in my 20s. In Japan, many of his music is famous and used in many TV dramas, commercials, movies, and mostly wealthy bourgeois family scenes. My image of many of Chopin ’s music that I’ve listened to is of a cozy, bourgeois world. From almost all his music I’ve ever heard, I often pictured an elegant, wealthy family’s world or a story about a family who are living in a luxury antique style house. Many of Mozart ’s music reminds me of a social life in an older generation, a story about bourgeois world in a gorgeous luxury palace. For Liszt ’s music, his music is very variety, ranging from an image of a sweet passionate love story for couples, all the way to nightmare horror story type of mu

Franz Liszt’s dangerous love

  Franz Liszt was quite tall in his generation, standing 6 feet 2 inches tall , long blonde hair , piercing sharp eyes, pianist' long narrow and delicate hands and fingers. His body build was very slender. People who knew him described his personality as full of charm, charisma, and very knowledgeable.  And he loved brainy women. He was the consummate artist. It seems that Liszt loved dangerous love , which thrilled him and gave him excitement rather than a stable, peaceful , safe love. Franz Liszt While reading about his biography, I was wondering why he fell in love with two princesses who were already married. Marie D’Agoult He seems to have had a lot of love affairs in his life, someone found out that he had at least 26 serious relationships in his life ( besides countless other affairs ) but the only ladies he thought about marriage was with these two princesses , Marie D’Agoult and Carolyne Sayn Wittgenstein ? Charlotte Von Hagn L

Organic foods and healthy living “ You are what you eat ? “

We‘ve been enjoying organic foods since a month ago.   Because we care for our health and also organic foods taste more delicious than normal vegetables.   Recently, I really feel the famous quote  “ You are what you eat . “   is true.   Although healthy life comes from balance between mind, body, skin care, good night sleep and activities besides food life .   Health is a treasure.   Also I realized that “ good blood circulation ” is one of the most important key to keep healthy and look young skin.   After being amazed to see Styx’s ageless Tommy Shaw on TV, I started searching about “ secret of youth “.  He looks so much younger than his age.  Also, there was an interview with Styx on CNN in the morning about a week ago and they talked about what they think are the keys to longevity and a healthy life. http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2012/04/23/exp-kyra-phillips-age-against-the-machine.cnn  

”The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.” - Albert Einstein 

Originally we were all creative because all children are creative. While growing up, many children lose their creativity by seeing, reading, hearing what many grown ups do and teach. According to a book called " Goal " by Brian Tracy, "Fully 95% of children tested between the ages of three and five are rated as highly creative. Of the same children tested again as teenagers, only about 5% rated  as highly creative. What happened to them in the interim ?   As they went through school, they were taught that if you want to get along, you follow the crowd. They learned not to question or challenge the teacher or to suggest unusual ideas. In their attempts to be liked and accepted by their peers, they allowed their creativity to die down, like a fire without fuel.  " "All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once they grows up."  -  Pablo Picasso But if we don't use creativity, we lose it. It means that the more we use cre

My favorite ways of Law of Attraction Part 3 - Successful Wishing - Pierre Franckh

Pierre Franckh’s books “ Successful Wishing “ are another of my favorite books.     There are series, 1 to 6 , and are not published in English , but I did find them in a Japanese book store,  translated by a Japanese translator.   Pierre Franckh is a German actor ( Movies & TV) from 1959 – 2003, and is also a movie director and a writer.  Since 1996, he published many books and became a best selling author.  Franckh wrote based on his personal experiences from when he was a child . I love the way how he writes , it’s very easy to read and direct to the point, very clear how to do it with step by step instruction. Also importance of finding what you truly want.    Many people are actually not realizing what they really want and then when they get what they wanted,  still not feeling satisfied. Pierre said that before making your wishes and order to universe, it’s important to clear up what you really want and ask to yourself, why you w