Skip to main content

Johnny Weir has updated his New Journal !



I knew he has been incredibly busy for ice shows and his GPS competitions since last May so I thought it won’t be updated until new year.


And reading his journal, I found some new things I didn’t know how tough his situation was this season, it even looked tougher than I thought.



>(Johnny's quotes) After my return from Japan I started noticing a lot of pain in my left foot and ankle. Having just gone into new skating boots two weeks before my departure, I thought something was very wrong. 

I didn't really understand anything about my skates at the time because in all my years of skating I've had the good fortune of never having problems. 

I have to admit a flaw right now. As long as I've been ice skating, and as long as I've been at an elite level, I understand absolutely nothing about skates or blades. 

I just know to put new ones on every season and get them sharpened regularly. Galina Yakovlevna thought it would be smart to go into a new boot, just the left one as there may have been an interior problem I didn't know about and keep the right one from the previous pair, so that's what we did. More later…<


(My comments)  

I’m very sorry to hear about that he had a blade problem with his skating shoes right before Skate America. I’ve often heard that many other skaters also had blade problems and was often wondering whether Johnny’s blades are okay or not. 

I suppose it may usually take a while to get used to new shoes. 


> (Johnny's quotes) 
 After my return from Russia I immediately started preparations for Skate America, my first event of the season. My run-throughs were not going well, I wasn't landing my jumps well and I was having a lot of pain in my left foot again.
I wrote it off as nothing, but deep down I knew it could turn into something bigger. Skate America was the only thing on my mind and I had a job to do, the boot could be dealt with later. Two days before my departure to the competition I moved the blade on my skate and it felt better, but still not right, anyway, there was a competition at hand, a big one. <

 
(My comments)  
He had pain with his left foot again besides the blade problem… How he could perform with this situation ?
But audience would never know how skaters condition was, and just judges check how he skated, and give scores.

 
> (Johnny's quotes)
 I notoriously have never competed at Skate America before because it is very early in the season and I prefer to have more time to prepare so I was shoved out there in front of a lot of people very prematurely for me, and having skate issues on top of that, I was hideously nervous for both programs. 

The actual competition was fair. My short program had some big mistakes, but I thought my long program went pretty well for not really having the training time I'm used to. 

The fans in the arena were fantastic and I was so excited to see so many Johnny's Angels there. 

I think a lot of people could tell something was wrong with me by the way I was landing my jumps and spinning inappropriately slow and tripping on footwork and other such niceties. In any event I came out as the top American with a silver medal, yet again, losing a title by a double toe loop. In what world do I live in, that a senior men's competition can be determined by a double toe loop.? 

It's all very silly to me, still, even after losing by a double toe loop. not once but twice. I am not naive and I understand this skating/artistic/mathematics/sport/contest, but come on. < 


(My comments) 
That competition ( not only this one though ) was really weird.

But I can see how this new judging system( COP ) work. I have nothing against Kozuka, but it’s hard to believe that kind of skater can win with those performances.

Speed, speed speed, yes the jumps have full rotation but there is no impressive landing ( to me ), more extra combination jumps.

I’m not interested in watching mathematical sport. But to win, that what Johnny needs to do ??


>
(Johnny's quotes)
With my return from Skate America came a lot of questions. I needed to figure out my boot situation fast as NHK Trophy in Tokyo was rapidly approaching. I called my skate company, Reidell and asked if they had suggestions for what I could do. They were saints through the whole process.

They told me all the things to check. I found that my left skate was warped on the inside (the leather and shape of the foot were twisted to the inside) and the heel was several centimeters higher than what I am used to. It explains all the pain I was having and the uncomfortable jump landings. To explain it easier, I was skating with my left foot in a stiletto and my right foot in a ballet flat. :) <



(My comments) 
Oh, my god …. I wish it could find the issue before Skate America but timing was so bad when he got the shoes problem and I guess there was no time to check for it before Skate America.
But with this situation, receiving silver medal was not bad.


 

> (Johnny's quotes) 
 Two days before my departure to Japan for the third time in a year I came down with a terrible cold. Actually, it was more like a plague. Let me tell you, there is nothing like flying fourteen hours not being able to hear or smell anything, it's heaven.

I arrived in Japan excited, as always, to see the country and my fans. I was also excited to compete because I was far more prepared for NHK than I was for Skate America. I fell out of bed every morning in Japan, eyes getting darker and darker, and the coughing getting worse. 

I was being assisted by a doctor every morning and night just trying to get through the competition. <

 

(My comments) 
Johnny, take natural herbs instead of going to a doctor and taking dangerous drugs !
There is a very powerful remedy for cold & Flu which kills the terrible symptoms within a day ! I will send it to you by private .



> (Johnny's quotes) 

 I once again took the silver medal after two mediocre performances, but having fought through feeling like I could fall over and die at any moment was a true victory for me.
A few years ago, there is no way I could have done that. The reception I got from the Japanese audience was incredible as always. In Japan, I feel like they support me as if I were one of their own. I was so happy to be there and to skate reasonably well.<





(My comments) 
You WERE amazing ! I was very impressed with your FP in it. I could not believe you had such a bad cold during the performance. You were really a strong fighter !





> (Johnny's quotes) 

 With my two silver medals in the Grand Prix I earned enough points to go to the Grand Prix Final. My federation offered for me to stay in Japan if I qualified for the final and Galina Yakovlevna and I decided to stay.

 I spent a week and a half training at Chukyo University Ice Arena in Toyota City, a suburb of Nagoya. I trained with Ando Miki and the rest of Nikolai Morozov's group. 

The ice conditions were fantastic and I have never seen a better ice rink in the world. I am so impressed with the skating of Ando Miki. She was landing so many quads and triple triple combinations, she was really an inspiration to train with and she made me work harder. I really enjoyed my time in Japan and it was the perfect place to train and try to recover from my "plague." <

(My comments) 

This is one of the most interesting part to read.
Wow ! It’s so nice to hear that Johnny was impressed with Miki Ando’s skating ( and her quads and 3+3 combo ) while training together in Japan, and he was writing about it.

Actually, it’s so true, Miki is the only ladies skater who has been landing quads many times in practice. If I were him, I would of course be inspired with her doing those difficult jumps many times.

Her jumps are also powerful and higher than many ladies.


I remember that he also mentioned about Miki during 2006-2007 season, when interviewer asked whose performances he liked that season and he said that his favorite during that time was Miki. 


I was surprised and was really happy to hear
that because I got big inspiration with her skating at Campbell’s cup and also Skate America in 2006.


I rarely find Johnny has similar taste as me , so I was really glad to hear about that.


Photobucket
Photo by rhinestones

 

> (Johnny's quotes) 
 Before I knew it, I was off to the Grand Prix Final in Goyang City, South Korea. Leading up to the competition my training had been okay. I was still very weak from my illness and pushing through my run-throughs was a struggle.

I was thrilled to be back in South Korea and to see all of my Korean angels and fans. I got off the airplane to an onslaught of camera's and special greetings. I was so happy that I could see everyone right away, but I totally wore the wrong outfit for such an occasion.

After settling into my new digs I started the competition. The audience was massive and they screamed for me like we were all at a rock concert. <
(My comments)
I’m always amazed by the warm support of Korean angels and fans to him. In Russia and Korean his fans are always welcoming him at a airport , and he sounds really happy about it.


Photobucket
Photo by rhinestones

 

>(Johnny's quotes) 
   I felt so happy to be on the ice. In the short program I made a major mistake on the triple axel and found myself in fourth place out of six men. It was not the performance I was hoping for, and more than that it was not the performance I wanted to show the audience.

They were so pumped for me and I felt like I'd let them down. In the free program I fought back hard but still didn't do enough for a great placement. The audience made me feel like a champion though.

I came in third place and I was disappointed not to have a victory and I was disappointed in myself that I'd made such an error in the short program. <

(My comments)
You were great, Johnny ! In my eyes, I could see you fought hard in FP. You didn’t give up until the end ! I really loved it.


> (Johnny's quotes) 

 I was shocked at how popular I'd become while I was in Korea! When I flew home I was on the cover of most major Korean newspaper's and everyone in the airport wanted autographs and pictures, even the security guards. I think it's amazing, and I'm so touched by the outpouring of love. <

(My comments)
It’s so nice to hear that he became so popular in Korea. He was on the cover of most of major Korea Newspapers with Yu Na Kim. I wish he could be like that in the US as well.I would always love to see him very popular worldwide.


> (Johnny's quotes) 

 Christmas was definitely interesting. I woke up and got ready for more rehearsals and the show that afternoon. I got to the rink and started not feeling quite normal so I went to the locker room to lay down for a bit. What happened next is pretty graphic, so I'll spare you.

I had come down with a terrible stomach virus. I had no energy, I couldn't walk, I kept nothing in my stomach longer than two minutes, and I had to get glammed up and do a show. I felt so terrible I couldn't even skate in the opening number. <


(My comments)
Poor boy…. sweetheart . How he could skate with that situation ?? Even spins and jumps…

I can really understand how his Mom was feeling, ..

To me Christmas day is not so important but for many American people, it must be a big day, and he had to experience such a bad illness.

But it was great to hear that his Korean fans warm support for him, understanding his situation during the time, and Yu Na also must be really worried about him.

It was also great to hear that Johnny was on cover in many Korean newspaper ( with Yu Na Kim ? ) , and he was treated like a rock star over there, even at the hospitals , doctors and nurses , even security guards wanted his autographs.


>
(Johnny's quotes) 

  I am building my strength back up after six weeks away from home and two major illnesses. My skates are working for the moment and I am as positive as I can be. I am really looking forward to Nationals and improving on what I've already done this season.

I haven't won a gold medal yet this season and that is really lighting a fire under me leading into "Act 2" of the season. I feel like I've been through it all so far this year, illness, equipment problems, low self esteem, hard training conditions, missing my family, if there's more to come, bring it on. I am preparing so hard already for the Championships and I hope I can show strength and as always, something beautiful.<


(My comments)
Cross my fingers to you, Johnny ! Of course , always !


>
(Johnny's quotes) 

 Before I end this entry, I want to thank everyone who has supported me this season. I felt you all, everywhere I was. It means so much to me to have people so devoted to wishing me well and helping me through the hard times. 
I wish I could name everyone by name because it really is a special situation I'm in, and I never take that for granted.

I hope to make you all proud of me for the remainder of the season. Cross those fingers.
I wish everyone success, love and knowledge for 2009. Life is so hard at times, but every rough moment gets you a free pass to something wonderful. Peace and love to everyone.


Love always,-Johnny <

 

(My comments) 
Very nice entry, he never forget his gratitude to his fans all over the world. That’s one of the reason he has so many heartfelt fans who truly worry about him worldwide. Peace and love to you , Johnny.


>
(Johnny's quotes) 
 P.S Always and forever, if I offended you or hurt your sensibilities with anything I've written I am sorry. Please don't take me too seriously and I will try to rectify the situation with my next entry. Kisses.<

(My comments) 
I wonder who would be offended reading this ?? Lovely, Johnny.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Health tips from an extra-terrestrial named Bashar - from a planet called Essassani

photo credit: skyseeker Mt. Fuji via photopin (license)    Today,  I would like to write about health tips from an extra-terrestrial being named Bashar who is from the Essassani Planet .     He is channeled by Darryl Anka. Planet earth used to have beautiful clear air, but since a long time ago the air has been polluted everywhere.    and the cause of most illnesses comes from the poison in the environment we are in, with the polluted air. Nowadays, it's hard to find places where there is beautiful clean air. and in this unfavorable environment, he is suggesting how to live healthy.   Health tips 1.  Clear Oxygen  According to Bashar,  the air after storms and typhoons have gone away, is the most clean ( purified ) and is good for our bodies. However when there is an overdose of artificial oxygen by using tools such as oxygen tanks , this can cause a lack of water, and will weaken cells.   So clean natural water needs to be used in a balanced amo

Who was The Mysterious Masked Messenger who visited Mozart ?

Perhaps the most mysterious legend about Mozart is that of the " Masked Messenger ". This mysterious masked messenger is also known historically as the "Man in Gray" , "The Mysterious Messenger" , "The Gray Messenger". The story of the masked messenger was featured prominently in the movie “ Amadeus ".           Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart How much of this story is true ? When Mozart died in the early morning hours of December 5, 1791, he left his final masterpiece, the Requiem , unfinished. A few months later, a completed score of the Requiem was delivered to its anonymous commissioner. How was the Requiem completed and how would Mozart have completed it had he lived? These mysteries have tantalized musicians for over two centuries. Mozart received the commission to compose the Requiem from the “ Mysterious Messenger" in the summer of 1791.  The Messenger paid half the commission in advance,

Charm of Kenichi Hagiwara - Shoken

From Japanese Movie " Ame no Amsterdam (Rain in Amsterdam)" I've been into the late 1960s to 1970s generation since several years ago. I don't know why but I'm very interested in older generation's people, trends, lifestyle, scenery, habit, TV drama, music, films, etc..   and not so interested in new things much.  There are many new discoveries through checking out old stuff while reading and watching it, which I didn't know before. and about several months ago, I happened to find a youtube video of  a famous Japanese actor called Kenichi Hagiwara who was my favorite actor in 1970s when I was a kid. His nickname is Shoken and he is also a singer of Rock/blues music.                      Shoken( 18 years old) singing ”Legend of Emerald” Shoken was one of the super stars in Japan mainly from the late 60s generation to early 80s. When he was 15 years old,   he joined an amateur music group band called The Tempters as a vocalist.   A

Beauty skin care, Ninon de L'Enclos ‘s Secret of her young skin

Besides extra virgin olive oil, I’ve been doing a mixture of another great natural formula since two weeks ago. This information came from Ray who happened to find about Ninon de L’Enclos ’s amazing story concerning her youthful skin. According to the article, Ninon de L’ Enclos is known as a famous French beauty from the late 1600s. She kept her youthful skin until 85 years old when she passed away. Even in to her 80’s she was attracting many young men who fell hopelessly in love with her. She never published her secret of her youthful skin until the end , only telling her special friends about her secret formula. There is no photo of her, but seeing her painting in other websites, she looks in her 30’s when she was 85. According to the article, her face was as smooth and free of winkles in her 80’S as it had been at 20. She hated wrinkles and successfully kept her skin youthful , using her special secret formula. This information blew me away, and immediately

Sweet Food which does not get fat - Warabi mochi

I recently love eating this sweet food that Japanese call " Warabi mochi " which is made of 0 calories food psyllium in my coffee break time.   It's sweet food but I use Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener instead of sugar when I make it. Lakanto Monk Fruit sweetener is 0 calorie s and 0 glycemic and very similar taste as normal sugar. It is said it's derived from monk fruit, which looks like a small green gourd native to regions of China and Thailand.  It's not artificial so it is not bad for health so I feel comfortable eating it. Warabi mochi is a food which is normally made of Kinako ( soybean flour) & sugar & warabi powder and it's one of my favorite foods. However it's high calorie foods so if I eat a lot, it's easy to gain weight.   Because Warabi mochi flour is Starch and has sugar in it and is high calorie.  So I was not eating it. and then recently I found the recipe of diet Warabi Mochi which is made of Psyllium

Franz Liszt and Frederic Chopin’s friendship Part 1

Frederyk Chopin   I’m a long time fan of Chopin’s music since when I was a teenager. Started loving his music from hearing his Polonaise , then Noctunes , Etudes … Frederyk Chopin I was using one of Chopin’s Nocturnes as my background music for my answering machine when I was in my 20s. In Japan, many of his music is famous and used in many TV dramas, commercials, movies, and mostly wealthy bourgeois family scenes. My image of many of Chopin ’s music that I’ve listened to is of a cozy, bourgeois world. From almost all his music I’ve ever heard, I often pictured an elegant, wealthy family’s world or a story about a family who are living in a luxury antique style house. Many of Mozart ’s music reminds me of a social life in an older generation, a story about bourgeois world in a gorgeous luxury palace. For Liszt ’s music, his music is very variety, ranging from an image of a sweet passionate love story for couples, all the way to nightmare horror story type of mu

Franz Liszt’s dangerous love

  Franz Liszt was quite tall in his generation, standing 6 feet 2 inches tall , long blonde hair , piercing sharp eyes, pianist' long narrow and delicate hands and fingers. His body build was very slender. People who knew him described his personality as full of charm, charisma, and very knowledgeable.  And he loved brainy women. He was the consummate artist. It seems that Liszt loved dangerous love , which thrilled him and gave him excitement rather than a stable, peaceful , safe love. Franz Liszt While reading about his biography, I was wondering why he fell in love with two princesses who were already married. Marie D’Agoult He seems to have had a lot of love affairs in his life, someone found out that he had at least 26 serious relationships in his life ( besides countless other affairs ) but the only ladies he thought about marriage was with these two princesses , Marie D’Agoult and Carolyne Sayn Wittgenstein ? Charlotte Von Hagn L

Organic foods and healthy living “ You are what you eat ? “

We‘ve been enjoying organic foods since a month ago.   Because we care for our health and also organic foods taste more delicious than normal vegetables.   Recently, I really feel the famous quote  “ You are what you eat . “   is true.   Although healthy life comes from balance between mind, body, skin care, good night sleep and activities besides food life .   Health is a treasure.   Also I realized that “ good blood circulation ” is one of the most important key to keep healthy and look young skin.   After being amazed to see Styx’s ageless Tommy Shaw on TV, I started searching about “ secret of youth “.  He looks so much younger than his age.  Also, there was an interview with Styx on CNN in the morning about a week ago and they talked about what they think are the keys to longevity and a healthy life. http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2012/04/23/exp-kyra-phillips-age-against-the-machine.cnn  

”The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.” - Albert Einstein 

Originally we were all creative because all children are creative. While growing up, many children lose their creativity by seeing, reading, hearing what many grown ups do and teach. According to a book called " Goal " by Brian Tracy, "Fully 95% of children tested between the ages of three and five are rated as highly creative. Of the same children tested again as teenagers, only about 5% rated  as highly creative. What happened to them in the interim ?   As they went through school, they were taught that if you want to get along, you follow the crowd. They learned not to question or challenge the teacher or to suggest unusual ideas. In their attempts to be liked and accepted by their peers, they allowed their creativity to die down, like a fire without fuel.  " "All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once they grows up."  -  Pablo Picasso But if we don't use creativity, we lose it. It means that the more we use cre

My favorite ways of Law of Attraction Part 3 - Successful Wishing - Pierre Franckh

Pierre Franckh’s books “ Successful Wishing “ are another of my favorite books.     There are series, 1 to 6 , and are not published in English , but I did find them in a Japanese book store,  translated by a Japanese translator.   Pierre Franckh is a German actor ( Movies & TV) from 1959 – 2003, and is also a movie director and a writer.  Since 1996, he published many books and became a best selling author.  Franckh wrote based on his personal experiences from when he was a child . I love the way how he writes , it’s very easy to read and direct to the point, very clear how to do it with step by step instruction. Also importance of finding what you truly want.    Many people are actually not realizing what they really want and then when they get what they wanted,  still not feeling satisfied. Pierre said that before making your wishes and order to universe, it’s important to clear up what you really want and ask to yourself, why you w