Skip to main content

Organic foods and healthy living “ You are what you eat ? “


We‘ve been enjoying organic foods since a month ago. 








 Because we care for our health and also organic foods taste more delicious than normal vegetables. 

 Recently, I really feel the famous quote


 “ You are what you eat. “ 

 is true. 

 Although healthy life comes from balance between mind, body, skin care, good night sleep and activities besides food life

 Health is a treasure. 

 Also I realized that “ good blood circulation” is one of the most important key to keep healthy and look young skin. 

 After being amazed to see Styx’s ageless Tommy Shaw on TV, I started searching about “secret of youth “. 

He looks so much younger than his age. 


Also, there was an interview with Styx on CNN in the morning about a week ago and they talked about what they think are the keys to longevity and a healthy life.



http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2012/04/23/exp-kyra-phillips-age-against-the-machine.cnn


 


 It was interesting to see all the Styx members stories about how they keep their health. 


 Especially I was curious to know about Tommy Shaw’s secret of youth. 


What he said is that he quit smoking, and also alcohol. 
He eats organic foods


They showed his wife and him planting vegetables, fruit trees in their garden near their house, and his cooking. 


I think he said the fruit tree was a black fig tree . He talked about how he slowly, over time, quit all the junk foods and soda.


Maybe he is also making his original coffee beans ? I saw his original coffee somewhere in a photo, and it looked delicious. 
Like some kind of creamy cappuccino. 


 Also the bass player Chuck Panozzo who had some health issues, including cancer, but still keeps playing music and touring with the band, as often as his health allows him. 


 He said he didn’t retire because music is his best medicine. He said it’s the reason he is still here. 


Keep having happy feelings can create an illness free life. 


I love seeing Styx member’s interview. 

I suppose their life might be ideal for many musicians. 


Success is not one big hit, then finish, but keep continuing with joy as long as possible. 

There are also many stars who looks successful and achieved their dream but they don’t look happy. 

When thinking about all these kinds of deep things, I think the Styx band members are knowing what is important in life, from their experience. 

Their interviews are humble, funny and also calm, appreciating their position and nothing against anything. 

So I feel comfortable watching them. 

Wise.



Back to the story about healthy living, 


Eating organic foods, doing what you love and avoiding alcohol and smoking are one of the common things for people who are aging well , keeping their healthy living and youthful look. 

When they showed Tommy Shaw and his wife Jeanne ‘s garden where they are planting their vegetables, Tommy said they discovered new way to live healthy by eat these organic foods. 


It reminded me of Ray’s grandfather who lived long and healthy and was gardening and planting organic vegetables and fruits. 

He was eating these foods, and drinking root beer drink. Ray said he was the most healthy and lived longest among his relatives. 

He seems didn’t have much wrinkles until at the age of 80. 

I also found a site where there are many info about beautiful Japanese celebrities, their own beauty & health care.

Common things I found are, they all eat organic vegetables as a main dish, and not eating junk foods or snacks

And they do exercise like Yoga, Pilate, or ballet every day. 

Cosmetics they are using are variety, there is a platinum roller which seems good for aging issues like sagging skin & wrinkles. 

The platinum roller is used by most of aging beautiful celebrities and is very popular. 

Needless to say they also protect their skin from sun, by putting on sun screen , cover their face with hat, clothes, or black umbrellas.

I did notice that many American people don’t use an umbrella to protect their skin from strong sun , and UV blocking umbrellas also are not even sold anywhere here, unlike Japan. 

Sun is one of the most dangerous and bad for skin, but everyone here seems to love getting sun tan , not only young people but senior people as well. 

I think people need to note that too much sun causes many skin issues like - dark spots, freckles , and damaging their skin. 

The more you get sun tan, the more it increases our skin age.

 Especially our place Arizona is the sunniest place in the USA, so I often wear long sleeve black shirt which cover most of my skin, and putting on sun screen for my hands when I go out unless it’s too hot. 

I started avoiding to get sun tan since I was around 26.
Because I’ve heard that later it influences our skin if we continue getting tan every year. 

Celebrities and others who are keeping their skin young, the thing they have in common is that they are not getting sun tan after their late 20S. 

My interest is mainly in celebrities who are keeping their age well from late 40S to 60S. 


For cosmetics, I have super sensitive skin for my face so I can’t jump into test a new one easily even if the item has good reviews.

I’ve been looking for good cosmetics which work for my face skin, have tested from luxury cosmetics to affordable organic cosmetics, to organic oils ( such as extra virgin olive oil, etc.. ). 


But finally I’m settling down with Burt’s Bees skin cream which has Royal Jelly and many other natural ingredients which are good for skin.

Thank you to my friend who told me about it.
This works like magic for my skin, which is super dry.


I also realized that women’s age between 50S to 60S maybe the most changeable season because of hormones

My mother had been always too skinny with super flat belly and no extra or bit of meat. 

So, as she got older, she had difficulty looking younger than her actual age and she developed sagging skin in her face though she didn’t have wrinkles.

Her gray hair started increasing since she was in her 30S. 

I was seeing her everyday, so I didn’t notice the change of her age. However, for my relatives who I met once a year, or sometimes once every three or four years , it was clear . 

They were all attractive ladies who cared about their looks until when they were in their 50‘s. 

Then, upon reaching their 50’s, their skin, hair, body, everything, their look suddenly changed, and I was wondering why.

I’ve never paid attention for hormones until now and I ’m very interested in how hormones influences our health and look. 

But depending on the person, it seems different, some didn’t get much change, but slowly to get old. 

I understand we can delay our age depending on our life style. 


To keep good hormone balance, and also for my healthy life, I take these natural supplements and herbs every day below, 


 Ginkgo, Lecithin, Fo ti, ( or sometimes Black Cohosh ), CoQ10. 





 These are my favorites ! 

Both my parents passed away, my father was from apoplexy and my mother was Parkinson’s disease , so I specially care for brain health. ( Ginkgo and Lecithin

One of famous Japanese doctors who is 100 years old now ( 2012 )  ( Dr. Hinohara ), living healthy, seems also to recommend Lecithin for health, it also reduces high cholesterol.

 Also Fo ti , this is our top favorite natural herb, because mentally it helps to balance our feeling, remove stress , fixing my hormone balance and calm down plus good for gray hair and hair loss.

This herb helped me to quit smoking. Its already past 1 year and half since I quite cigarettes. 

Ray takes more natural herbs which can relieve his allergy and also herbs which are good for heart besides these herbs above. 

Funny thing is he still has to show his ID to buy lottery tickets or alcohol. And whenever he shows his ID, the cashiers always look shocked when they found out how old Ray is. 


For foods, what we often eat are below,

Broccoli, mushroom, green beans, onion, green onion, tomato, red pepper, asparagus, Grapes, Tofu, Spinach, Napa, orange ( or grapefruits ), apples, kiwi , lemon. Sometimes we eat strawberry. Seaweeds. 

Extra Virgin Olive oil, Extra virgin coconut oil, sesame oil, cayenne pepper, basil leaf, sea salt, sesame seed, ginger, garlic , cinnamon, organic wild flower honey.

For meat,  Chicken breast or turkey

For fish,   Salmon, Tuna, Tilapia Fillet, ( I was eating many kind of fishes when I was in Japan, but it's not easy to get many other fishes here. )

We don’t eat certain foods which can be cause of disease , cancer or stroke or whatever,  such as sausage, bacon, burned part , fat, or junk foods ( hamburgers  ) anymore.


For drink ,  Mineral water ( with gas and non gas ), coffee, milk, soy milk, sometimes root beer.


For exercise, 

Walking, dancing, stretch or yoga ( sometimes swimming )



I will add almond or nuts , carrots , Vitamin C , E supplements. 


And slowly to have all organic including shampoo and soap.



Popular posts from this blog

Health tips from an extra-terrestrial named Bashar - from a planet called Essassani

photo credit: skyseeker Mt. Fuji via photopin (license)    Today,  I would like to write about health tips from an extra-terrestrial being named Bashar who is from the Essassani Planet .     He is channeled by Darryl Anka. Planet earth used to have beautiful clear air, but since a long time ago the air has been polluted everywhere.    and the cause of most illnesses comes from the poison in the environment we are in, with the polluted air. Nowadays, it's hard to find places where there is beautiful clean air. and in this unfavorable environment, he is suggesting how to live healthy.   Health tips 1.  Clear Oxygen  According to Bashar,  the air after storms and typhoons have gone away, is the most clean ( purified ) and is good for our bodies. However when there is an overdose of artificial oxygen by using tools such as oxygen tanks , this can cause a lack of water, and will weaken cells.   So clean natural water needs to be used in a balanced amo

Who was The Mysterious Masked Messenger who visited Mozart ?

Perhaps the most mysterious legend about Mozart is that of the " Masked Messenger ". This mysterious masked messenger is also known historically as the "Man in Gray" , "The Mysterious Messenger" , "The Gray Messenger". The story of the masked messenger was featured prominently in the movie “ Amadeus ".           Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart How much of this story is true ? When Mozart died in the early morning hours of December 5, 1791, he left his final masterpiece, the Requiem , unfinished. A few months later, a completed score of the Requiem was delivered to its anonymous commissioner. How was the Requiem completed and how would Mozart have completed it had he lived? These mysteries have tantalized musicians for over two centuries. Mozart received the commission to compose the Requiem from the “ Mysterious Messenger" in the summer of 1791.  The Messenger paid half the commission in advance,

Charm of Kenichi Hagiwara - Shoken

From Japanese Movie " Ame no Amsterdam (Rain in Amsterdam)" I've been into the late 1960s to 1970s generation since several years ago. I don't know why but I'm very interested in older generation's people, trends, lifestyle, scenery, habit, TV drama, music, films, etc..   and not so interested in new things much.  There are many new discoveries through checking out old stuff while reading and watching it, which I didn't know before. and about several months ago, I happened to find a youtube video of  a famous Japanese actor called Kenichi Hagiwara who was my favorite actor in 1970s when I was a kid. His nickname is Shoken and he is also a singer of Rock/blues music.                      Shoken( 18 years old) singing ”Legend of Emerald” Shoken was one of the super stars in Japan mainly from the late 60s generation to early 80s. When he was 15 years old,   he joined an amateur music group band called The Tempters as a vocalist.   A

Beauty skin care, Ninon de L'Enclos ‘s Secret of her young skin

Besides extra virgin olive oil, I’ve been doing a mixture of another great natural formula since two weeks ago. This information came from Ray who happened to find about Ninon de L’Enclos ’s amazing story concerning her youthful skin. According to the article, Ninon de L’ Enclos is known as a famous French beauty from the late 1600s. She kept her youthful skin until 85 years old when she passed away. Even in to her 80’s she was attracting many young men who fell hopelessly in love with her. She never published her secret of her youthful skin until the end , only telling her special friends about her secret formula. There is no photo of her, but seeing her painting in other websites, she looks in her 30’s when she was 85. According to the article, her face was as smooth and free of winkles in her 80’S as it had been at 20. She hated wrinkles and successfully kept her skin youthful , using her special secret formula. This information blew me away, and immediately

Sweet Food which does not get fat - Warabi mochi

I recently love eating this sweet food that Japanese call " Warabi mochi " which is made of 0 calories food psyllium in my coffee break time.   It's sweet food but I use Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener instead of sugar when I make it. Lakanto Monk Fruit sweetener is 0 calorie s and 0 glycemic and very similar taste as normal sugar. It is said it's derived from monk fruit, which looks like a small green gourd native to regions of China and Thailand.  It's not artificial so it is not bad for health so I feel comfortable eating it. Warabi mochi is a food which is normally made of Kinako ( soybean flour) & sugar & warabi powder and it's one of my favorite foods. However it's high calorie foods so if I eat a lot, it's easy to gain weight.   Because Warabi mochi flour is Starch and has sugar in it and is high calorie.  So I was not eating it. and then recently I found the recipe of diet Warabi Mochi which is made of Psyllium

Franz Liszt and Frederic Chopin’s friendship Part 1

Frederyk Chopin   I’m a long time fan of Chopin’s music since when I was a teenager. Started loving his music from hearing his Polonaise , then Noctunes , Etudes … Frederyk Chopin I was using one of Chopin’s Nocturnes as my background music for my answering machine when I was in my 20s. In Japan, many of his music is famous and used in many TV dramas, commercials, movies, and mostly wealthy bourgeois family scenes. My image of many of Chopin ’s music that I’ve listened to is of a cozy, bourgeois world. From almost all his music I’ve ever heard, I often pictured an elegant, wealthy family’s world or a story about a family who are living in a luxury antique style house. Many of Mozart ’s music reminds me of a social life in an older generation, a story about bourgeois world in a gorgeous luxury palace. For Liszt ’s music, his music is very variety, ranging from an image of a sweet passionate love story for couples, all the way to nightmare horror story type of mu

Franz Liszt’s dangerous love

  Franz Liszt was quite tall in his generation, standing 6 feet 2 inches tall , long blonde hair , piercing sharp eyes, pianist' long narrow and delicate hands and fingers. His body build was very slender. People who knew him described his personality as full of charm, charisma, and very knowledgeable.  And he loved brainy women. He was the consummate artist. It seems that Liszt loved dangerous love , which thrilled him and gave him excitement rather than a stable, peaceful , safe love. Franz Liszt While reading about his biography, I was wondering why he fell in love with two princesses who were already married. Marie D’Agoult He seems to have had a lot of love affairs in his life, someone found out that he had at least 26 serious relationships in his life ( besides countless other affairs ) but the only ladies he thought about marriage was with these two princesses , Marie D’Agoult and Carolyne Sayn Wittgenstein ? Charlotte Von Hagn L

”The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.” - Albert Einstein 

Originally we were all creative because all children are creative. While growing up, many children lose their creativity by seeing, reading, hearing what many grown ups do and teach. According to a book called " Goal " by Brian Tracy, "Fully 95% of children tested between the ages of three and five are rated as highly creative. Of the same children tested again as teenagers, only about 5% rated  as highly creative. What happened to them in the interim ?   As they went through school, they were taught that if you want to get along, you follow the crowd. They learned not to question or challenge the teacher or to suggest unusual ideas. In their attempts to be liked and accepted by their peers, they allowed their creativity to die down, like a fire without fuel.  " "All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once they grows up."  -  Pablo Picasso But if we don't use creativity, we lose it. It means that the more we use cre

My favorite ways of Law of Attraction Part 3 - Successful Wishing - Pierre Franckh

Pierre Franckh’s books “ Successful Wishing “ are another of my favorite books.     There are series, 1 to 6 , and are not published in English , but I did find them in a Japanese book store,  translated by a Japanese translator.   Pierre Franckh is a German actor ( Movies & TV) from 1959 – 2003, and is also a movie director and a writer.  Since 1996, he published many books and became a best selling author.  Franckh wrote based on his personal experiences from when he was a child . I love the way how he writes , it’s very easy to read and direct to the point, very clear how to do it with step by step instruction. Also importance of finding what you truly want.    Many people are actually not realizing what they really want and then when they get what they wanted,  still not feeling satisfied. Pierre said that before making your wishes and order to universe, it’s important to clear up what you really want and ask to yourself, why you w