Skip to main content

Mind and Heart - When choosing a partner, what is the most important ?



When you see people, what is the most important thing you look at ?

Looks,  behavior, voice, expression, 

occupation, status, money, fame, popularity, 

personality, view of life, interest, taste,

ability, talent, etc..


As you know, everyone has different views of value based on one's personality, experience, and places where they were born and grew up.

and when we choose a marriage partner or a life partner, our final goal I think is to keep having happy marriage life ( or happy life ) with the partner forever.





"Image" is the most important ?


While I was searching for something I was interested in, I came across a website which is similar to yahoo questions & answers.

and I found it's interesting to know what many people seem to think is the most important when choosing a partner.

For the comments from women, many were saying these kinds of comments and questions below 


" How can I get married with a person who has high status ?

" I got married with a man who earns $150,000 annual income ! "

" I want to marry with a person who has more than $$$$$$$$/yr annual  income !"

" I'm looking for a person who is good looking, tall, high income, high status ."

" Do you think this kind of person's status is okay and not feeling embarrassed to tell to my friends ?"
 etc...


and questions or comments from men are

" How can I get married with a person who is a young pretty lady who is in her 20's ?. " 

"I want to have kids, so younger lady who is under 30 is better."

" Most of guys prefer to marry with a young pretty lady who is under 30. "

" I'm 38 years old. I  have high status in my career and have high income, so I'm expecting to get married with a young lady who is at least 28 or younger. "


Many men who are older than 35 years old envy to men who are similar ages as them, who got married with pretty young ladies who are around 20's. 

While seeing many of the posts there, many women choose their partner by status mainly, and for men, age sounds important for them.

Also, from many of the comments , the impression one gets is that their search for a partner was like no difference from job hunting.

Especially comments when looking for a marriage partner in a marriage arrangement center, or dating services.

Many women are looking for a man who has - High income, high status, good looking.

While I was reading about their importance of choosing a partner, I felt like "Image" is the most important for them.  
How they are seen by others.



Love or Money ?


There was another thread with the theme of  "Love or money " when you choose your marriage partner in the website question & answer.

and while reading the answers from over 100 people who are of a variety of ages, I noticed that there are basically two types of people who choose a partner - which are from their heart ( feeling ),  or from their mind ( thought ).

People who choose their partner by their heart choose love which is from feeling.

 and people who choose by their minds care about partner's money ( financial situation, income ), status, occupation, fame, popularity etc..

This is not about which is better or not.

But choosing someone for practical reasons, like money, comes from more care for the image, what others may think if one chooses this or that partner.

and  for choosing someone from their heart, there is no calculation, it's   inspiration.

There are people who chose love , they said it's hard to get married with someone you can not love, no romantic feeling, don't want to take care of someone they don't love when they get older, don't want to make a kid with someone they don't love, etc.. 

Also, there are people who chose money and they said that it started from love but it turned to money after they lost love due to poverty.

They said if there is no money, it's hard to have good relationship and love is gone, so as a result, they felt without money you can not keep love.

There are people who chose money and said they don't believe love  last forever, it's only in the beginning.

There are women who said they love men who have ability to save money, who know  how to manage money, and as a result, it shows money is the most important for them.


Personally,

I chose love,  which was 100% from my heart.

Because my happiness is being with someone I really love.

It's clear when I spend time with someone I love, it's so fun wherever I go, whatever I do, like eating delicious foods at a restaurant with your loved one makes you feel happy , but you get bored to be with someone you don't love.

Not only marriage partner, but I choose almost everything from my feeling, from my heart.     

and from my experience, when I chose something from my mind, by thinking too much about benefits, while ignoring my own voice, it usually failed.

I think if there is real love, money problem doesn't occur or even if it occurs, love can handle the situation.

Marriage partner for me is like there is no replacement of that person.

and getting married means building a partnership .



Men are humans who cheat ?


When I got married, one of my supervisors ( who was about 54 year old man at that time ) in the different branch of the company where I worked for told me that men are humans who cheat, so you better know and understand.

That supervisor said he got married because his wife asked him to marry with her, so he accepted.

and so he feels he can do anything he wants because she was the one to ask him.   

However, he was a funny person who often talked with humor, so it didn't make me upset or feel bad, just I thought he is that kind of person who is living in a different world from me.

There are also many men who are faithful , and situation can be changed based on each other's heart connection.

I just believed my inspiration.

If there is joy, laugh and comfort place where one can relax, I think most of men don't take a high risk to lose such a happy present situation.

and focusing on whether your partner may cheat or not,  feelings coming from worry and fear, may attract that reality. 

Personally, I don't remember that I have ever worried about it in my life,  so maybe this was the reason I had never been  cheated by men I have ever loved in my life.(?)



Love is only in the beginning ?


I saw and heard there are many men think like that, or many older marriage couples don't look like they are in love. 

and couples are connected because there are kids, they said if there were no kids, they could get divorced.

Not only men, but my dancing teacher ( who was about 55 years old at that time ), also told me that happy marriage feeling is only in the beginning,  soon it will change.

She said her husband got fat and bald which she doesn't like, and she said , she and her husband had been living in different bedrooms for a long time.

There are many people who think same way as my dancing teacher.
 
My mother's opinion looked dry to men, in my view.

She got married twice in her life.

My dad was very intelligent, social, and was handsome ( when he was younger ), had a lot of humor, a challenger, curiosity, temper.

My step father was faithful, dry but caring, responsible, talented for art, quiet, peaceful.

My mother told me that she wondered why she chose both men who are not match with her. 

But it looked to me after my mom failed for her first marriage with my dad due to his temper and cheating , she found a very faithful sweet man ( who became my step father ) who was 11 years younger than her.

I thought he is a great person who was always nice to me and my brother without saying any complaints and was a gentleman to my mom.

But my mom often seemed irritated with my stepfather even though I saw many people complimenting about how sweet he is, especially in that generation's men in Japan.  

I didn't feel my mom and my step father had a strong connection with their relationship.

But I always believed there is forever love no matter the environment, no matter what others say.

I was stubborn.


In my case,

What was the most important to choose a marriage partner ?


I realized that my husband Ray has some similar personality to my step father who is very faithful, caring, and has never told me what to do, and has a big heart, gave me freedom. 

What I care was not only one, but mainly from my feeling & inspiration while seeing the person's looks, talking voice, behavior, personality, interests, dream, the place where, and how that person grew up, life experience.

These are my first things to look at, and also my feeling while I'm with that person.

Looks - 

When we see people first time, first thing we see naturally is looks, including the facial expression most of the time.

We can not know the personality just after met each other.

Beauty is in eyes of the beholder and there is always a type of looks for each person.

Total balance of the looks from head to toe including outfits and hairstyle and voice.

Everyone has their own type of  " good looking " person .

There are always types of faces that each person likes or dislikes which are not based on the trends, popularity, or someone else's view.

Many people may think it's shallow to choose a partner from the looks.

But I feel it's natural to be attracted by the type of our favorite looks, and no need to feel guilty for it.

and for those who say it's shallow to choose their partner from looks, I think they  are judging from their ego.

I think it's fine to choose a partner starting from the looks if one feels from the heart.

Fall in love with someone is something like magic to me and it always comes from one's heart.

My type of man was often different from my friends type of man. 

Also depending on the cultural location, it can be big different.

Especially, many Japanese women's  type are also different from American women's type, as is each European country women's type.

It's all about one's type , no matter what others may think.
Whether one is popular looking or not.

Also, there are faces and looks I'm not attracted but which are considered as good looking or handsome by many women.

So it's not that simple to say, that choosing from just looks is shallow.
  

Personality - 

There is always match and not match. 

There are tons of people who are called as good people, but if the person doesn't make me feel good and happy, and it's not good person for me.

I like people who are


* Warmhearted.  

* Having common interests, similar view of life and things, can help to have
wonderful time with the person.  But opposite type of personality from me is like yin and yang.

* Having same laughing taste. 


Behavior -   

I love refined, to be treated as a lady,

And while seeing many men, I did notice what kind of man I'm not match, and which  I'm match. 

and I found myself that I'm match with the type of person who has the kind of personality as this quote below,

" Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.
Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.
Just walk beside me and be my friend." 

by Albert Camus  



Knowledge-

I like people who are knowledgeable for many things but it's nothing to do with high education.

I like people who have flexible minds and having curiosity to find truth of this world.


But the most important thing is spiritual connection between me and the partner. 

If it's match, I would feel comfortable to be with the person, and the person gives me joy and happy feeling.

When I fell in love with someone, the crush feeling was suddenly coming up to my heart.

It's not theory, so I can not explain why, and how I fell in love with the person.

But it never happened based on one's occupation, career, fame, income, or anything what one has.
  
I thought everyone feels same way from my experience.

However,  from the internet information which was posted by many people, I found there are so many people who can love based on fame, income,  career, occupation or anything what the person has.

It means if the person doesn't have those things, they are not loving the person and would  not have chosen him/her ???

It may also happen that some people who fall in love with one's fame, career, income, occupation, popularity, but later it turned to love and got spiritual connection with the partner.


At the end, what I feel is 

marriage life is like building a relationship with a partner by opening our heart, and to learn how to keep it successfully. 

and once we could build a strong relationship with our partner, there will not have the replacement of him/her in one's life.

Having similar goal in life, view of life are required to have happy marriage life as well.

Love is the most important to have successful marriage life.

and choosing a life partner from your heart gets the best result.

Popular posts from this blog

Health tips from an extra-terrestrial named Bashar - from a planet called Essassani

photo credit: skyseeker Mt. Fuji via photopin (license)    Today,  I would like to write about health tips from an extra-terrestrial being named Bashar who is from the Essassani Planet .     He is channeled by Darryl Anka. Planet earth used to have beautiful clear air, but since a long time ago the air has been polluted everywhere.    and the cause of most illnesses comes from the poison in the environment we are in, with the polluted air. Nowadays, it's hard to find places where there is beautiful clean air. and in this unfavorable environment, he is suggesting how to live healthy.   Health tips 1.  Clear Oxygen  According to Bashar,  the air after storms and typhoons have gone away, is the most clean ( purified ) and is good for our bodies. However when there is an overdose of artificial oxygen by using tools such as oxygen tanks , this can cause a lack of water, and will weaken cells.   So clean natural water needs to be used in a balanced amo

Who was The Mysterious Masked Messenger who visited Mozart ?

Perhaps the most mysterious legend about Mozart is that of the " Masked Messenger ". This mysterious masked messenger is also known historically as the "Man in Gray" , "The Mysterious Messenger" , "The Gray Messenger". The story of the masked messenger was featured prominently in the movie “ Amadeus ".           Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart How much of this story is true ? When Mozart died in the early morning hours of December 5, 1791, he left his final masterpiece, the Requiem , unfinished. A few months later, a completed score of the Requiem was delivered to its anonymous commissioner. How was the Requiem completed and how would Mozart have completed it had he lived? These mysteries have tantalized musicians for over two centuries. Mozart received the commission to compose the Requiem from the “ Mysterious Messenger" in the summer of 1791.  The Messenger paid half the commission in advance,

Charm of Kenichi Hagiwara - Shoken

From Japanese Movie " Ame no Amsterdam (Rain in Amsterdam)" I've been into the late 1960s to 1970s generation since several years ago. I don't know why but I'm very interested in older generation's people, trends, lifestyle, scenery, habit, TV drama, music, films, etc..   and not so interested in new things much.  There are many new discoveries through checking out old stuff while reading and watching it, which I didn't know before. and about several months ago, I happened to find a youtube video of  a famous Japanese actor called Kenichi Hagiwara who was my favorite actor in 1970s when I was a kid. His nickname is Shoken and he is also a singer of Rock/blues music.                      Shoken( 18 years old) singing ”Legend of Emerald” Shoken was one of the super stars in Japan mainly from the late 60s generation to early 80s. When he was 15 years old,   he joined an amateur music group band called The Tempters as a vocalist.   A

Beauty skin care, Ninon de L'Enclos ‘s Secret of her young skin

Besides extra virgin olive oil, I’ve been doing a mixture of another great natural formula since two weeks ago. This information came from Ray who happened to find about Ninon de L’Enclos ’s amazing story concerning her youthful skin. According to the article, Ninon de L’ Enclos is known as a famous French beauty from the late 1600s. She kept her youthful skin until 85 years old when she passed away. Even in to her 80’s she was attracting many young men who fell hopelessly in love with her. She never published her secret of her youthful skin until the end , only telling her special friends about her secret formula. There is no photo of her, but seeing her painting in other websites, she looks in her 30’s when she was 85. According to the article, her face was as smooth and free of winkles in her 80’S as it had been at 20. She hated wrinkles and successfully kept her skin youthful , using her special secret formula. This information blew me away, and immediately

Sweet Food which does not get fat - Warabi mochi

I recently love eating this sweet food that Japanese call " Warabi mochi " which is made of 0 calories food psyllium in my coffee break time.   It's sweet food but I use Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener instead of sugar when I make it. Lakanto Monk Fruit sweetener is 0 calorie s and 0 glycemic and very similar taste as normal sugar. It is said it's derived from monk fruit, which looks like a small green gourd native to regions of China and Thailand.  It's not artificial so it is not bad for health so I feel comfortable eating it. Warabi mochi is a food which is normally made of Kinako ( soybean flour) & sugar & warabi powder and it's one of my favorite foods. However it's high calorie foods so if I eat a lot, it's easy to gain weight.   Because Warabi mochi flour is Starch and has sugar in it and is high calorie.  So I was not eating it. and then recently I found the recipe of diet Warabi Mochi which is made of Psyllium

Franz Liszt and Frederic Chopin’s friendship Part 1

Frederyk Chopin   I’m a long time fan of Chopin’s music since when I was a teenager. Started loving his music from hearing his Polonaise , then Noctunes , Etudes … Frederyk Chopin I was using one of Chopin’s Nocturnes as my background music for my answering machine when I was in my 20s. In Japan, many of his music is famous and used in many TV dramas, commercials, movies, and mostly wealthy bourgeois family scenes. My image of many of Chopin ’s music that I’ve listened to is of a cozy, bourgeois world. From almost all his music I’ve ever heard, I often pictured an elegant, wealthy family’s world or a story about a family who are living in a luxury antique style house. Many of Mozart ’s music reminds me of a social life in an older generation, a story about bourgeois world in a gorgeous luxury palace. For Liszt ’s music, his music is very variety, ranging from an image of a sweet passionate love story for couples, all the way to nightmare horror story type of mu

Franz Liszt’s dangerous love

  Franz Liszt was quite tall in his generation, standing 6 feet 2 inches tall , long blonde hair , piercing sharp eyes, pianist' long narrow and delicate hands and fingers. His body build was very slender. People who knew him described his personality as full of charm, charisma, and very knowledgeable.  And he loved brainy women. He was the consummate artist. It seems that Liszt loved dangerous love , which thrilled him and gave him excitement rather than a stable, peaceful , safe love. Franz Liszt While reading about his biography, I was wondering why he fell in love with two princesses who were already married. Marie D’Agoult He seems to have had a lot of love affairs in his life, someone found out that he had at least 26 serious relationships in his life ( besides countless other affairs ) but the only ladies he thought about marriage was with these two princesses , Marie D’Agoult and Carolyne Sayn Wittgenstein ? Charlotte Von Hagn L

Organic foods and healthy living “ You are what you eat ? “

We‘ve been enjoying organic foods since a month ago.   Because we care for our health and also organic foods taste more delicious than normal vegetables.   Recently, I really feel the famous quote  “ You are what you eat . “   is true.   Although healthy life comes from balance between mind, body, skin care, good night sleep and activities besides food life .   Health is a treasure.   Also I realized that “ good blood circulation ” is one of the most important key to keep healthy and look young skin.   After being amazed to see Styx’s ageless Tommy Shaw on TV, I started searching about “ secret of youth “.  He looks so much younger than his age.  Also, there was an interview with Styx on CNN in the morning about a week ago and they talked about what they think are the keys to longevity and a healthy life. http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2012/04/23/exp-kyra-phillips-age-against-the-machine.cnn  

”The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.” - Albert Einstein 

Originally we were all creative because all children are creative. While growing up, many children lose their creativity by seeing, reading, hearing what many grown ups do and teach. According to a book called " Goal " by Brian Tracy, "Fully 95% of children tested between the ages of three and five are rated as highly creative. Of the same children tested again as teenagers, only about 5% rated  as highly creative. What happened to them in the interim ?   As they went through school, they were taught that if you want to get along, you follow the crowd. They learned not to question or challenge the teacher or to suggest unusual ideas. In their attempts to be liked and accepted by their peers, they allowed their creativity to die down, like a fire without fuel.  " "All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once they grows up."  -  Pablo Picasso But if we don't use creativity, we lose it. It means that the more we use cre

My favorite ways of Law of Attraction Part 3 - Successful Wishing - Pierre Franckh

Pierre Franckh’s books “ Successful Wishing “ are another of my favorite books.     There are series, 1 to 6 , and are not published in English , but I did find them in a Japanese book store,  translated by a Japanese translator.   Pierre Franckh is a German actor ( Movies & TV) from 1959 – 2003, and is also a movie director and a writer.  Since 1996, he published many books and became a best selling author.  Franckh wrote based on his personal experiences from when he was a child . I love the way how he writes , it’s very easy to read and direct to the point, very clear how to do it with step by step instruction. Also importance of finding what you truly want.    Many people are actually not realizing what they really want and then when they get what they wanted,  still not feeling satisfied. Pierre said that before making your wishes and order to universe, it’s important to clear up what you really want and ask to yourself, why you w