Skip to main content

Johnny Weir at COI ( Champions On Ice ) Glendale , Phoenix, AZ

It's been a while since last post and today, I want to write about review of COI ( Champions On Ice ) Glendale, Phoenix , AZ and our phoenix trip .

The purpose of my husband and I went to COI is to see Johnny Weir of course !

I've never been to see figure skating live show before even I love to see it on TV, because no one ever made me so crazy until I saw Johnny in last winter Olympic.

Johnny is just special for me, and my husband also feels the same way.

Anyway, before we left home, we made a big sign on a poster panel with the words " Johnny Weir We LOVE ( heart mark ) YOU " to support him.

We thought many of the other people will do the same things for their favorite skaters.
To our surprise, no one in the Phoenix audience had signs of support for
any skaters, I guess in Phoenix, the audience are not deep fans of skating,
just casual fans.

So we were the only ones in the audience of thousands of people who were
holding up a poster.

Our seat was Row B, at the edge of the circle rink and we could clearly see all the skaters faces when they came near our row.

At the opening, Johnny came into the ice with yellow costume and curly hair.

Beautiful !

I thought Johnny is much more beautiful and handsome than watching from TV. Johnny looked like he was planning a triple, but did a double jump, Johnny might have been a little bit tired from the hot Phoenix sun.

In the program, Johnny was the third to skate with program " My Way " .

He was incredibly gorgeous and romantic and feeling with the music. I love his tuxedo costume and he skated excellent !

All the details of his movement were extremely artistic . In the beginning, his movement was slow which fit with the music and with very deep feeling.

Actually, I don't like that song, but with Johnny's performance, it becomes very impressive music. Johnny changed the image of the music !

However during his performance , my digital camera didn't work in the dark place, I was really frustrated about it . It was working fine until the show started.

Luckily my husband's camera worked good and he was taking many pictures of Johnny's My way.

During each skater's program, they all were focusing on their skating
and Johnny was feeling with the music and our seat was far from the place
where all the skaters came in and out from back stage.

and when Johnny greeted to the audience after ending his program, he was in the center of the rink and it was far from our seat, and my voice was not loud enough to reach to Johnny even I tried to shout loudly.

So I thought Johnny may not notice our sign.

Then, my second favorite skater Stephane Lambiel, came in .

Stephane was great and very artistic and his spin was really incredibly fast and artistic and unique. But no one was clapping while he was spinning so I shouted " Stephan ! " and I was clapping loud. He looked smaller than I thought he was but very cute looking.


Evgeny Plushenko

Plushenko was very powerful and energetic , he is also better than watching from TV ! We felt he is like the boss of the skaters, because his strong personality comes through, and he just looks like a very elite top skater and very attractive looking. Johnny's charisma is so huge for me but I think Plushenko also has charisma a little bit.

Evan Lysacek

Evan was normal looking, no difference from watching on TV.
But he skated very well doing with three kind of songs. He is really funny.

Tatiana Totmyanina & Maxim Marinin pair

They were wonderful ! They were very beautiful and artistic. I didn’t know Tatiana Totmyanina is so beautiful and pretty with small face. She looked much better than TV.

Irina Slutskaya

Irina was great ! She is one of my favorite woman skater. but I thought her costume is not really fit her, looked little bit fat.

Sasha Cohen ,

Sasha was very pretty and shining ! Of the women skaters, she is the most impressive skater for us during the show. Sasha fell from one of the jump and it looked hurt but soon she stood up and continued. I hope she is okay.

For the populality, I thought Michelle Kwan seemed like the most popular for the audience during the show at Phoenix, everybody was screaming and clapping loud when her turn came . 

I know Michelle is a very strong energetic skater and it incredible she won US Championships 9 times, but for me her skating is not really impressive. I prefer Sasha 's beautiful choreography and amazing flexibility. I wished Johnny was the most popular star . .

But strange thing is no one was showing signs or posters for skaters even Michelle Kwan, and Sasha.

And we were the only people who were showing our poster . And it’s for Johnny
At the final part of the show,

finally, Johnny noticed our poster !!!!!!

This happened at the finale where all the skaters performed altogether, with beautiful romantic white costumes !!

I thought Johnny was the most fit with the costume, he looked really like a prince
who came from a romantic fairy story. Johnny is really fit with European or Russian castle.

When Johnny and several group of skaters came in front of our row , we quickly held up our poster and Johnny noticed our sign.

Then I could clearly see Johnny looked directly at my eyes and threw a kiss to me with
happy face and waving his hand, and he did it to me !!!!!!!!

Oh, my god, I lost all my focus since then, and almost fainted.

My husband later said that I was very excited and dropped the poster and he had to catch it so it wouldn't fall and he couldn't see Johnny's reaction at that time.

I know Johnny is very sweet and caring to many of his fans, who are nicknamed angels , since I read many of his angels experienced Johnny's hug and kiss, taking pictures for each of them if they could have chance to see him.

But for me this never happened before in my life, that my idol star looked at my eyes and threw a kiss to me . I will never forget this wonderful experience.

Johnny circled the rink and came to our row twice . and when he came to
our row second time,

he stood up in front of me and threw me a kiss with sweet
face elegantly and politely again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think most guys are not fit to do this attitude so elegantly and naturally like Johnny did.

I threw him back a kiss quickly and waved my hand alot to him !

After this Johnny noticed that my husband was with me, and Johnny looked at him
and again waved his hand to him with smiling face and my husband did the same thing.

My husband was very happy about it, especially for me.

I noticed Johnny didn't do the same things for any other people in the audience during the show, at Phoenix . 

I think this is because we were the only ones with a Johnny Weir poster, showing our support for him.

I'm sure there were many other Johnny fans in the show, but maybe they are
not really serious fan or didn't show they are fans of Johnny. and also music was loud and it's difficutl to hear something from audience.

But I felt little bit bad for other skaters, because our sign was for Johnny, not for other skaters, and when Evan Lysacek and Rudy Galindo and other skaters were coming to our row, and were looking at our poster ( My mind was already in a dream world and I forgot to hide the poster at that time ), they reacted like " oh, no ! What's that !! where is my poster ?? ! " and they were smiling ( or laughing ) but looked disappoited and and were looking at us. My husband noticed that Sasha also looked at us and was smiling.

Then that group went to other row which is close to our seat, and I noticed Rudy was still staring at me and my husband a long time until his turn to perform was coming.

I don't know why ??

Then I saw Rudy was throwing Johnny and Johnny did excellent triple jump and landed beautifully and perfectly ! It was really amazing !

I also wanted to see several other skaters more clearly but once Johnny was there, I lost all the interest for others and I don't remember where Plushenko , Sasha, Shizuka, Irina and other skaters were in the final show.

Only when Stephane 's group came near our row, I could see Stephan's face from the side but they all were facing to different row.

Many of the audience were looking at our poster and smiling at us ( some were whispering each other ) and talking about it. It was funny.

And people who were sitting behind our row were asking us " can we see
your poster ? " after the show ended.

I was already very satisfied, and very happy.

We had prepared a gift for Johnny, so we wanted to give it to him,
But we didn't have back stage passes , my husband tried to ask someone if someone
has extra back stage passes.

But no one had one.

But it's okay, I was getting really nervous, butterfly when I imagined to see and talk
to Johnny closely.

I thought it's enough for this time because I'm already very satisfied. Johnny gave me a great memory !

Johnny is amazing caring and sweet for his angels.

The security guard said they will bring our gift to the production and the
production will hand it to Johnny.
The guard looked like very responsible person, and said " trust me. "
My husband is usually very suspicious for people but he could feel we can trust this
guy because he was the skaters official security manager.

He went down stars with our gift to back stage.

I hope Johnny received our gift.

I knew all the skaters will not spend much time with their fans for security reasons,and besides, Phoenix right now is very dangeous especially during the night due to a crazy criminal who has not been arrested yet , so we just went back to our hotel.

My husband and I had really a wonderful time there because of Johnny !

Unfortunately, all the photos of Johnny and other skaters we took at COI were not well done, because it was too dark. Maybe we need to buy more high quality camera like SLR digital camera to take good pictures of Johnny on ice.

Johnny Weir Forever !!!









Popular posts from this blog

Health tips from an extra-terrestrial named Bashar - from a planet called Essassani

photo credit: skyseeker Mt. Fuji via photopin (license)    Today,  I would like to write about health tips from an extra-terrestrial being named Bashar who is from the Essassani Planet .     He is channeled by Darryl Anka. Planet earth used to have beautiful clear air, but since a long time ago the air has been polluted everywhere.    and the cause of most illnesses comes from the poison in the environment we are in, with the polluted air. Nowadays, it's hard to find places where there is beautiful clean air. and in this unfavorable environment, he is suggesting how to live healthy.   Health tips 1.  Clear Oxygen  According to Bashar,  the air after storms and typhoons have gone away, is the most clean ( purified ) and is good for our bodies. However when there is an overdose of artificial oxygen by using tools such as oxygen tanks , this can cause a lack of water, and will weaken cells.   So clean natural water needs to be used in a balanced amo

Who was The Mysterious Masked Messenger who visited Mozart ?

Perhaps the most mysterious legend about Mozart is that of the " Masked Messenger ". This mysterious masked messenger is also known historically as the "Man in Gray" , "The Mysterious Messenger" , "The Gray Messenger". The story of the masked messenger was featured prominently in the movie “ Amadeus ".           Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart How much of this story is true ? When Mozart died in the early morning hours of December 5, 1791, he left his final masterpiece, the Requiem , unfinished. A few months later, a completed score of the Requiem was delivered to its anonymous commissioner. How was the Requiem completed and how would Mozart have completed it had he lived? These mysteries have tantalized musicians for over two centuries. Mozart received the commission to compose the Requiem from the “ Mysterious Messenger" in the summer of 1791.  The Messenger paid half the commission in advance,

Charm of Kenichi Hagiwara - Shoken

From Japanese Movie " Ame no Amsterdam (Rain in Amsterdam)" I've been into the late 1960s to 1970s generation since several years ago. I don't know why but I'm very interested in older generation's people, trends, lifestyle, scenery, habit, TV drama, music, films, etc..   and not so interested in new things much.  There are many new discoveries through checking out old stuff while reading and watching it, which I didn't know before. and about several months ago, I happened to find a youtube video of  a famous Japanese actor called Kenichi Hagiwara who was my favorite actor in 1970s when I was a kid. His nickname is Shoken and he is also a singer of Rock/blues music.                      Shoken( 18 years old) singing ”Legend of Emerald” Shoken was one of the super stars in Japan mainly from the late 60s generation to early 80s. When he was 15 years old,   he joined an amateur music group band called The Tempters as a vocalist.   A

Beauty skin care, Ninon de L'Enclos ‘s Secret of her young skin

Besides extra virgin olive oil, I’ve been doing a mixture of another great natural formula since two weeks ago. This information came from Ray who happened to find about Ninon de L’Enclos ’s amazing story concerning her youthful skin. According to the article, Ninon de L’ Enclos is known as a famous French beauty from the late 1600s. She kept her youthful skin until 85 years old when she passed away. Even in to her 80’s she was attracting many young men who fell hopelessly in love with her. She never published her secret of her youthful skin until the end , only telling her special friends about her secret formula. There is no photo of her, but seeing her painting in other websites, she looks in her 30’s when she was 85. According to the article, her face was as smooth and free of winkles in her 80’S as it had been at 20. She hated wrinkles and successfully kept her skin youthful , using her special secret formula. This information blew me away, and immediately

Sweet Food which does not get fat - Warabi mochi

I recently love eating this sweet food that Japanese call " Warabi mochi " which is made of 0 calories food psyllium in my coffee break time.   It's sweet food but I use Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener instead of sugar when I make it. Lakanto Monk Fruit sweetener is 0 calorie s and 0 glycemic and very similar taste as normal sugar. It is said it's derived from monk fruit, which looks like a small green gourd native to regions of China and Thailand.  It's not artificial so it is not bad for health so I feel comfortable eating it. Warabi mochi is a food which is normally made of Kinako ( soybean flour) & sugar & warabi powder and it's one of my favorite foods. However it's high calorie foods so if I eat a lot, it's easy to gain weight.   Because Warabi mochi flour is Starch and has sugar in it and is high calorie.  So I was not eating it. and then recently I found the recipe of diet Warabi Mochi which is made of Psyllium

Franz Liszt and Frederic Chopin’s friendship Part 1

Frederyk Chopin   I’m a long time fan of Chopin’s music since when I was a teenager. Started loving his music from hearing his Polonaise , then Noctunes , Etudes … Frederyk Chopin I was using one of Chopin’s Nocturnes as my background music for my answering machine when I was in my 20s. In Japan, many of his music is famous and used in many TV dramas, commercials, movies, and mostly wealthy bourgeois family scenes. My image of many of Chopin ’s music that I’ve listened to is of a cozy, bourgeois world. From almost all his music I’ve ever heard, I often pictured an elegant, wealthy family’s world or a story about a family who are living in a luxury antique style house. Many of Mozart ’s music reminds me of a social life in an older generation, a story about bourgeois world in a gorgeous luxury palace. For Liszt ’s music, his music is very variety, ranging from an image of a sweet passionate love story for couples, all the way to nightmare horror story type of mu

Franz Liszt’s dangerous love

  Franz Liszt was quite tall in his generation, standing 6 feet 2 inches tall , long blonde hair , piercing sharp eyes, pianist' long narrow and delicate hands and fingers. His body build was very slender. People who knew him described his personality as full of charm, charisma, and very knowledgeable.  And he loved brainy women. He was the consummate artist. It seems that Liszt loved dangerous love , which thrilled him and gave him excitement rather than a stable, peaceful , safe love. Franz Liszt While reading about his biography, I was wondering why he fell in love with two princesses who were already married. Marie D’Agoult He seems to have had a lot of love affairs in his life, someone found out that he had at least 26 serious relationships in his life ( besides countless other affairs ) but the only ladies he thought about marriage was with these two princesses , Marie D’Agoult and Carolyne Sayn Wittgenstein ? Charlotte Von Hagn L

Organic foods and healthy living “ You are what you eat ? “

We‘ve been enjoying organic foods since a month ago.   Because we care for our health and also organic foods taste more delicious than normal vegetables.   Recently, I really feel the famous quote  “ You are what you eat . “   is true.   Although healthy life comes from balance between mind, body, skin care, good night sleep and activities besides food life .   Health is a treasure.   Also I realized that “ good blood circulation ” is one of the most important key to keep healthy and look young skin.   After being amazed to see Styx’s ageless Tommy Shaw on TV, I started searching about “ secret of youth “.  He looks so much younger than his age.  Also, there was an interview with Styx on CNN in the morning about a week ago and they talked about what they think are the keys to longevity and a healthy life. http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2012/04/23/exp-kyra-phillips-age-against-the-machine.cnn  

”The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.” - Albert Einstein 

Originally we were all creative because all children are creative. While growing up, many children lose their creativity by seeing, reading, hearing what many grown ups do and teach. According to a book called " Goal " by Brian Tracy, "Fully 95% of children tested between the ages of three and five are rated as highly creative. Of the same children tested again as teenagers, only about 5% rated  as highly creative. What happened to them in the interim ?   As they went through school, they were taught that if you want to get along, you follow the crowd. They learned not to question or challenge the teacher or to suggest unusual ideas. In their attempts to be liked and accepted by their peers, they allowed their creativity to die down, like a fire without fuel.  " "All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once they grows up."  -  Pablo Picasso But if we don't use creativity, we lose it. It means that the more we use cre

My favorite ways of Law of Attraction Part 3 - Successful Wishing - Pierre Franckh

Pierre Franckh’s books “ Successful Wishing “ are another of my favorite books.     There are series, 1 to 6 , and are not published in English , but I did find them in a Japanese book store,  translated by a Japanese translator.   Pierre Franckh is a German actor ( Movies & TV) from 1959 – 2003, and is also a movie director and a writer.  Since 1996, he published many books and became a best selling author.  Franckh wrote based on his personal experiences from when he was a child . I love the way how he writes , it’s very easy to read and direct to the point, very clear how to do it with step by step instruction. Also importance of finding what you truly want.    Many people are actually not realizing what they really want and then when they get what they wanted,  still not feeling satisfied. Pierre said that before making your wishes and order to universe, it’s important to clear up what you really want and ask to yourself, why you w